New Edition! Just Published!
Accounting Information Systems: A Practitioner Emphasis 10e
Cynthia D. Heagy, DBA, CPA, CMA, CNA. University of Houston-Clear Lake
Constance M. Lehmann, Ph.D., CISA. University of Houston-Clear Lake
Digital options start at $39.95 | Print + Digital options start at $49.95
Supplements: Solutions Manual | Lecture Slides | Computerized Tests
About Heagy & Lehmann 10e:
1. Adopters like the practitioner emphasis, the coverage, and the affordable prices. The authors have thoroughly updated 10e with current examples and coverage.
2. Gives students the tools needed to conduct a requirements analysis, search for a commercial solution, and successfully implement the software package selected.
3. Accounting systems in this textbook are events-driven -- encompassing the capture and processing of all events (financial and non-financial) required to construct the financial reports.
More on 10e:
• Coverage of data analytics and trending technologies such as cloud services, identity and asset management, data privacy, and cybersecurity issues such as ransomware and zero-day attacks.
• Discussions of the risks and benefits of the Internet of Things (IoT), and examples of standardized frameworks for IT Governance.
• An introduction to robotic process automation (RPA) and their potential impacts on the accounting profession.
• Coverage of the potential impacts of artificial intelligence, neural networks, and expert systems on the accounting profession.
*Suggested for initial review, if you are so inclined. Digital samples help keep our textbooks affordable. If you like what you see, but prefer print for a closer review, we'll follow up with a paperback review copy.